Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can you remove Text Labels on the bars in P5??

7 replies [Last post]
Chris Frank
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Just a quick question,

Can you remove Text Labels on the bars in P5??

I have just been given P5 and so I’m basically trying it out and getting it to perform the functions we want as a company.

Replies

Kym Lesinski
User offline. Last seen 17 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
no probs.
Chris Frank
Just discovered that they have a seperate bar selection for Current Bar Labels - Followed your instructions and deleted the text field. Thanks for the help!!

Why two seperate bar formats for the same bar is beyond me but heh!!!

Kym Lesinski
after going into: view-bars, you need to select the appropriate bar type from the list. Each bar can have different labels, in your case you want to select remaining work and the summary bar.

Chris Frank
The remaining work bar and includes actual bar.

Even my summary bars have text behind them - my plan looks pants!!
Kym Lesinski
That sounds very odd indeed. What type of bar is it? i.e remaining work, actual work, critical activity etc.
Chris Frank
Thanks, but there is nothing in the folder to delete - the bar has the activity description following it and I can’t find how to remove it!
Kym Lesinski
On the tool bar go to: view - bars - bar labels. Delete anything you don’t want.