Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing Calendars

8 replies [Last post]
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 1 week 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Hi All

Cannot seem to be able to print calendars. Spoke to helpdesk, they agree! Knowledge Base 11860 refers.

If anyone else wants to be able to print calendars, I suggest that they log a call with the helpdesk as the more calls the better the chance of getting something corrected.

Seems a fundamental error to me - all other packages I have used let you print out a calendar. When you are merging projects and have tens of calendars I would have thought it was a fairly basic requirement.

So there you go. Don’t sit back and think "it will be added later by someone..." ring the helpdesk and ask them to get it added. The more people that do the better - and not just for this but any missing function. Forget workarounds get Primavera to do something - remember how much P3e costs!!!

Cheers

Nige

Replies

Tim Readman
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Dear Nigel,

I placed a request to the help desk 3 weeks a go as it is essential for working out extension of time claims the number or working days in a contract and allocating day umbers/week nmbers to a project. There are mutiple calenadars available so it would seem it could be possible to do.
I have just installed service packk 2 but it was not an enhancement.

Agreed all users should ask and I congratulate you on trying to get change implemented.

I have had to resort to an excel spreadsheet alternative

Regards

Tim

Sanjiv Parekh
User offline. Last seen 13 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
True,, we need to perint calenders... i am not sure if they have anything in reports...
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Nigel ...

Sometimes it seems to me that an upgrade "walks back" in some functions.

Regards.
Giannis Kostis
User offline. Last seen 17 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Nigel,

I can’t understand why in P5 you can’t repeat a non-working day (for example every year).

Regards,

Giannis.
Nigel Winkley
Marcio

Yes, I misunderstood you. Do not understand thogh how something as basic as being able to print a calendar has been missed off P3e! Expecially as we are now on V5.2!!!

Ho hum

Cheers

Nige
Marcio Sampaio
Sorry ... u didnt understand me.

I was trying to say that i always "ring" Primavera to ask manythings, mainly because of its cost.

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo.
Nigel Winkley
Marcio

I can use P3 as well to print calendars and MSP but NOT P3e. If you can print out a P3e calendar then please let us know - I, and Primavera, would be very grateful!!!

Cheers

Nige
Marcio Sampaio
Hello Nigel ... i do it all the time ... mainly with Primavera!!!

Regards.