Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primary baselines

6 replies [Last post]
Keith Fisher
User offline. Last seen 15 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have a P3e plan produced on version 4.1 which is ready to be baselined for the first time so i can begin recording progress against it.

The plan already has some progress percentage on some of the activities.

I have saved the plan as a primary baseline, however when i tick the primary baseline box on the column menu the baseline of some of the activities show a baseline with different start and finish dates.

Is it me or should the baseline bars be exactly the same as the activity bars provide i have not progressed any activity since the baseline was saved.

It would apear to be getting data regarding timesacles from somewhere else i.e the original durations. i would of thought that baselining the plan would take a mirror copy of the existing bar lengths and start & finish dates.

Note this only appeas to be happening to activities that had progress prior to being baselined.

Any help /guidence would be appriciated

Replies

Keith Fisher
Thanks to the both of you
Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
If this phenomenon only occurs where progress is reported on an activity, then ’%complete NE 0’ should give you a reasonable stab at the filter for a Global Change.
Cheers,
Gordon
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Keith

I know that you can use that expression of

{Plan Start = Early Start}

In the global change expression

What you need to do is use a activity code to filter the activity you would like to change and then run the above expression.

It should work

Cheers

ALex
Keith Fisher
Changing the primary dates works for me in this instance thanks, just wish i could do a global change rather than change the values manually.

ie where... planned start...does not equal....."no option available" but at least i have a solution thanks again.
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Jim,

I dont believe that this would have any effect.
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
The "baseline" uses the fields "planned start" and "planned finish" fields, as opposed early start/early finish most people are use to.

For completed and future activities, these dates are correctly set to early start/early finish, but for activities in progress, these fields are set from the first time that scheduling took place.

Check that the "planned start" and "planned finish" dates are reflective of the baseline you want to create. Adjust if necessary and re-baseline.

HTH