Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 - XER Conversion / XER Format

3 replies [Last post]
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 days ago. Offline
Hi All

I’m hoping a Primavera expert can offer some assistance to a Primavera dummy…

Is there such thing as P3 to XER file conversion utility – can I get hold of one? I have a client who uses P3e and I wasn’t to convert my P3 files so he can use it.

If there is no utility, or in addition, is there anywhere documented the technical specification of an XER format? I am thinking maybe our IT guys could cobble a conversion together for me.

Thanks

David

ps. I have taken the liberty of posting this message in the P3 forum too.

Replies

Ruel Llegado
User offline. Last seen 17 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Mario is also correct.

You dont need any software to convert P3 to .XER Format. Just open your P3e or P3ec, file, import...

Goodluck.
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Yes, they comes with P3e/c, one is called p330xerconvert.exe, the other xerp330convert.exe. If you instaled P3e/c you should have then under Commun files\convert. Primavera recomends using then for large schedules, instead of direct convertion.

There is also an Excel woorksheet at Primavera’s costumer support for checking convertions and format.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
David - you don’t need to convert to XER - Primavera Entreprise can import P3 files directly.

Hope that helps.