Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Hours distribution for Multi-Role tasks

3 replies [Last post]
Nozar Naghani
User offline. Last seen 3 days 10 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Project Thinkers,
I inherited a project that each activity has one resource. But the budget hours for each activity (with single resource) is allocated in several Roles (just like the man who wears different hats to play different roles on the scene)!
These Roles have different rates and I need to generate various "activity usage distribution reports" per Role ID.
It seems that I am missing something, as P3e shows and spreads only "total hours for the activity/resource", i.e. the sum of all different Roles for each activity. Probably P3e doesnt have the capability to provide a report for each role ID.
Does anybody have a more successful experience, to share?

Thanks
Nozar

Replies

Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Can you not use the "Use Current Screen" option from the Report Wizard ?.

Nozar Naghani
User offline. Last seen 3 days 10 hours ago. Offline
Thanks! that works (although not printable).
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Select the Resource Usage Spreadsheet, and change the Display option to Current Project Roles.

HTH