Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Confused...!!!

5 replies [Last post]
Ajit m
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all,
I’m a new comer in Planning forrum! I used to work in msp2002 and recently inclined to work with Primavera. We are an IT comp and mostly focus on single but large project.
Which is the suitable one for me from

Team Play
Enterprise
P3
or Sure Track

Can any one advise me?
Thanks..
ajit

Replies

Ajit m
User offline. Last seen 16 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Alex...’
To tell you Thanks is not as much as how my obligations weigh for your kind reply. Well, Thanks a lot then!

Well, I’m sticking with Teamplay & have started exploring it on my own. Earlier, I was generating my plans in MSP2002 and Teamplay is accepting mpp files also.

As far as timesheet is concerned, we have our own customized software prior to my assignment here. So, I can probably show this skill in the next job(Ha ha..).

However, please share any informations that you feel important for me to have as I am just a baby in Primavera envirnment.

Thanking you again,
Regards
Ajit
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Team Play, P3e and P3e/c are the same... Remember this they run on the same platform and table format.

P3 and surtrack -is the similar product where P3 is a full function and surtrack a lower version like Autocad and Autocad lite or Window standard and Window Professional
(in IT terms)

If you are running IT project then Team Play line of product is recommended.

Firstly, you can run SQL server or Oracle, you know the software language...
Then you can share resources between the big projects and looking in there work load. Ie your company only have two security programmer and they need to run concurrently with three projects how to share them... And if your company did not have a work package related timesheet running and you want to have some control over it then P3e/Teamplay/P3ec can also provide the function.
Document control - Very important to IT programmeing ... P3e/Teamplay/P3ec also provide the function.

If your company are into growth then P3e/Teamplay/P3ec is a good product range to deploy.
Cheers

Alex
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Contact your local Primavera respresentative, they’ll help
You can get the contact point at http://www.primavera.com/purchase/reps.asp.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Jim...

I already have the demo version loaded here & also as I could import mpp files into it.

I’d be really oblized to get further informations regarding Team Play from your end.

Thanking You again
Ajit

Jim Fairchild
User offline. Last seen 10 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
I would recommend Teamplay.