Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Formatting Individual bars

8 replies [Last post]
MATHEW JOSEPH
User offline. Last seen 12 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there any command to change the format (color / size) of individual bars in P3e like P3?

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
FYI

You can change the rest of the activity bar to smaller and the summary bar to be bigger.

& that is my only suggestion.

Tell your client that it is most possible to have write words inside the bar, but one suggestion is to print out the bar chart in A3 and ask you client to enlarge it to A0 So that he/she can do whatever they like with it.

Alex Wong
delete duplicate

ahmad rashidi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Alex,

The client wants a thicker bar so that he would be able to insert text. He also wants the text to be rotated vertically. Hmm...

I had been losing sleep... :)

Rashidi,
Kuala Lumpur.
Alex Wong
Yes
You can do it

In P3e Version 4.0

There is six different size of bar you can chose from
Selet menu "VIEW" then "BARS" On BAR Style you chose from the middle of the first row, click the scroll down you can see all different size.

And you can make use of customer data items to have just one bar setup totally different to the rest of the schedule.

Cheers

Alex
ahmad rashidi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 13 weeks ago. Offline
Good morning guys,

One of my client asked about formatting the individual bar to a "thicker" one so that it will look like a summary. Any chance of getting it done through P3e?

Thanks for your help.

Rashidi,
Kuala Lumpur
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
I’m not sure who’s answer is correct. They are in opposite direction (I have no such software)
Alex Wong
You Can change the size and color of individual bar use view - bar in the pull down menu.

In addition you can use a particual user field to tailor make some specific activity to display differently.

Alex
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Just so happens I asked Primavera this same question Friday (via their Knowledgebase). The short answer is No. The long answer is also No.