Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How Are You Supposed To Submit Updaes?

1 reply [Last post]
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have a simple question for you Contractors using P3e and P3e/c to report progress on the construction field to the Owner. How are you managing your files?

In P3, before you make an update, you copy the existing schedule and give the new schedule a unique name (normally incremented by one.) You then input the status for the current update and change the data date. You then
made a backup of the new schedule and submitted it to the Owner (or Owners Rep.) The Owner restored the schedule with the new name and reviewed this new schedule, comparing it against last updates schedule already on his or her computer.

In P3e, I cant find a Schedule Copy command and there is no Backup/Restore. There is Import/Export but that is not the same thing. Is the Owner going to import an entire schedule, overriding the previous one? How will he or she know past status, through Baselines? How will the Owner know that the Baselines are unaltered once the entire new update has been imported? I am not saying that this cannot be done. I am saying that I am confused and the manuals offer no suggestions.

This is a real simple question. I suggest that before you start up your next construction project in P3e/c, that you have a good, simple answer.

Replies

Khalid Abdelaal
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Ronald as I understand you have 3 problems with P3e can be summarized as follow

1- you cant make copy of the project.
Answer: from menu click Enterprice then choose project,and you will find windwos contain all project
choose the project you want to copy and click by right mouse and click copy then Past
so the copy of the project is more easy in P3e

2- You think Importing project will override the existing project.

Answer:When you Import project you have many choices for the Importing project you can update the existing project or make a new project,
you can find this option when you import project in the project wizard you will find this window "Import Project Option" click Import action and choose Creat new project

3- You cant use the previous update as Baseline

Answer: If you copy the project and update it and export to client and the client importe it with option creat new project he can open the new update and assign the old update as baseline

try this and if you find any problem contact me in my email
kh_abdelaal@hotmail.com

Best Regards
Khalid Abdelaal