Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3E - Backup of Databases

3 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have recently had the pleasure of having to restore a P3E database and it did not go so well. I am currently using Arcserve with a SQL agent to back up my database. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with Backup software that works well with P3E. I have called and asked Primavera and they will not recommend any software for backup. If anyone could let me know their experience with this I would greatly appreciatte it.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 12 hours 8 min ago. Offline
Create a separate directory and using a simple utility like 2nd copy you can copy the database on a regular basis to this directory.
Using the database wizard you will be able to open or connect to the saved database(S), to view the databases there is no need to restore the files using this approach.
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Isn’t it easier to make an export file (XER) om timely basis ??
masoud rahimian
User offline. Last seen 15 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Guest
i have some experiances on ARCSERVE and SQL automatic backup and unfortunetly i didn’t underestand your problem.could you please describe what the real problem is.
sincerely
Masoud