Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Restore PRX file using SureTrak

3 replies [Last post]
Ron Liu
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I'm trying to decompress a PRX file using the restore option in SureTrak. Whenever I click restore the software froze and has a message saying it is not responding. I tried to wait and not close the software but nothing seems to happen. Does anyone know what went wrong?

Thank you.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

all you have to do is to use the 32 bit version to uncompress the prx file. To do this just change the file extension froma  .prx to .exe and extract the files to thier native format

Ron Liu
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks, I'll try it in a 32bit environment.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

a prx file is a comprerssed p3 backedup file.

Suretrack can run in a 64 bit environment p3 can not. Therefore you can not uncompress the prx files in a 64 bit environment.

If you can find a pc with a 32 bit operating system and extract the prx file to their native p3 format then you can import them into suretrack. The native p3 files will have a .p3 as the file extension