Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can we account for cash inflow in Primavera ?

2 replies [Last post]
Ganesh Balasubram...
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Guys,

I have done cost outflow in P6 and I have the outflow distributed as per the schedule. I would like to know whether there is a techninique to show cash in-flow in P6. I would like to create a cash flow statement. Please , share with me your experience/suggestions on the same.

Kind Regards

Ganesh

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

Resource quantities can be negative in P3, so the short answer is yes.

You need separate activities, and you need to understand the payment calendar.  Is cash inflow about completeing milestones, or 30 days after an activity finishes? You can model it any way.

Graphics are harder as  P3 cannot go below zero on the "y" axis. Good old SureTrak let you do that.  IF you are a P3 shop, you might have a SureTrak licenece as well.......

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

Resource quantities can be negative in P3, so the short answer is yes.

You need separate activities, and you need to understand the payment calendar.  Is cash inflow about completeing milestones, or 30 days after an activity finishes? You can model it any way.

Graphics are harder as  P3 cannot go below zero on the "y" axis. Good old SureTrak let you do that.  IF you are a P3 shop, you might have a SureTrak licenece as well.......