Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Can’t edit Activity ID numbers?

2 replies [Last post]
David Ball
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all,

I have two schedules in P3. In one, I can click on an Activity ID then edit it to change the number.

In the other, the Activity IDs are greyed out when I select them and I am not able to edit them.

Any ideas on how I can set up the second schedule so that I can edit Activity IDs?

Thanks a lot.

Replies

Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
In order to edit an Activity ID, the project must be open in exclusive mode.

To open a project exclusively,

1. Go to File, Open
2. Highlight the project
3. Mark the Exclusive checkbox
4. Click Open.

How to bypass Exclusive Access to edit Activity IDs:

Open the P3.INI file by going to Start, Run and type P3.INI.

In the Options section edit the following setting

[Options]
ExclForActIDEdit=0

Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
open the project as exclusive (check)

or edit the p3.ini

As per P3 help:

To edit activity IDs

Enter a zero (0) on the ExclForActIDEdit line in the [Options] section of the P3.INI file to allow editing of activity IDs without exclusive access:

ExclForActIDEdit=0

To require exclusive access to edit activity IDs, change this line to ExclForActIdEdit=1.