Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual resources consumed

3 replies [Last post]
Salahuddin Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear planners

Could any one explain how to record actual resources consumed for activities.

Suppose an acvity having a duration of 15days and it has multiple resources like pipe fitters and millwright, at the time of budgeting the resources allocated were 75 pipe fitters and 75 millwright.

Now the question is how to record on daily basis how many PF and MW were used as actual consumptions and how to represent in tabular report and in graphical report. I am updating progress end of each week.

Thanks in advance

Salah

Replies

PINAN T.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
you can record actuals in resource window, and store period performance

but im not sure if p3 reports can generate actual quantities graph and loading, only current and planned will be shown as far as i know

do it in excel
Salahuddin Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Pinan,

Thanks for your reply.

Still my question is how do i enter data in P3 and generate tabular and graphical report.

Pipe fitter Mon - Fri 5*8= 40
Millwright Mon - Fri 5*8= 40

I am recoding progress every week and the reports to be submitted every Monday.

Appreciate help.

Salah
PINAN T.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
get it from daily TIMESHEETS from ur Timekeeper..

Use Excel Charts for Comparison