Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to remove the actual dates of a Project ?????

5 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Dear ALL,
I HAVE A PROJECT SCHEDULED AND UPDATED ON 23RD MAY 2007 , NOW THE PROJECT START DATE IS 1/09/2005, I WANT TO HAVE A REPORT ON THE SHIFT OF CRITICAL ACTIVITY EVERY MONTH FOR THE PREVIOUS PERIOD , i.e I WANT TO REMOVE ALL THE ACTUAL DATES AFTER A SPECIFIED MONTH LETS SAY SEPTEMBER 2005 AND FOR ACTIVITIES WHICH SPAN ON TWO MONTHS i.e september and october 2005 I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS THE ACTUAL PERCENTAGE COMPLETE AT THE END OF THE MONTH. SO THE QUESTION IS
1. HOW CAN THE ACTUAL DATES BE REMOVED FROM A SCHEDULE AFTER A SPECIFIED DATE ??
2. HOW CAN THE PERCENTAGE COMPLETE EACH MONTH SEGREGATED FOR ACTIVITIES SPANNING ON 2/3 MONTHS?
WAS I CLEAR ENOUGH ?
REGARDS
DEB

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
Thanks paul and Bijaya , i also wanted to know if the
actual percentage complete at the end of each month can be segregated
regards
deb
Dear ALL,
I HAVE A PROJECT SCHEDULED AND UPDATED ON 23RD MAY 2007 , NOW THE PROJECT START DATE IS 1/09/2005, I WANT TO HAVE A REPORT ON THE SHIFT OF CRITICAL ACTIVITY EVERY MONTH FOR THE PREVIOUS PERIOD , i.e I WANT TO REMOVE ALL THE ACTUAL DATES AFTER A SPECIFIED MONTH LETS SAY SEPTEMBER 2005 AND FOR ACTIVITIES WHICH SPAN ON TWO MONTHS i.e september and october 2005 I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WAS THE ACTUAL PERCENTAGE COMPLETE AT THE END OF THE MONTH. SO THE QUESTION IS
1. HOW CAN THE ACTUAL DATES BE REMOVED FROM A SCHEDULE AFTER A SPECIFIED DATE ??
2. HOW CAN THE PERCENTAGE COMPLETE EACH MONTH SEGREGATED FOR ACTIVITIES SPANNING ON 2/3 MONTHS?
WAS I CLEAR ENOUGH ?
REGARDS
DEB
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
To remove progress from a P3 schedule use a Global Change:

If AS Is Greater Than "Required date"
Then
AS = " "
AF = " "
PCT = = o

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Pranab Kumar Deb
Hi bijaya ,
Can u explain if i had stored the period performance how i could have done this.
Secondly can the Excel RA utilities or by exportin gthe project the Actual dates of a project be changed.
regards
deb
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
If you have past performance data stored, you can use the actual data from stored perfomance record while making your earned value curves. It is only actual quantity (and cost) and earned quanity (and cost)that get stored for each resource in every activity. You can edit them manually but it is not easy to show them in tabular forms. Only good thing about this is that the actual data is stored within the project database.

In one of earlier projects I used to maintain a spreadsheet to record periodic changes. Make a layout in P3 that best shows your progress percentage etc. Keep it fixed.

For every period copy the whole contents as displayed in your layout to a tab in spreadsheet. And give these tabs the same name as your period. then you can calculate the incremental values for every component that you have copied across.
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
It seems that you have not been storing the Period Performance Records. (Tool/Store Period Performance...). Now you have got your record for 23 May. Store a period rocord now. When you update your programme again next month on 23 June, store the record again. And do it regularly and you will then be creating a history how the project has performed in each progress periods.

Now, if you do not have that information for past, only thing you can do is look at your past versions of print outs and make a record somewhere in spreadsheet.