Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

character count in Activity Description

9 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
hello,
i bet this question has been asked before,,, are there any cheats for increasing the 40 character limit?
many thanks
jon

Replies

Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Use Custom Data Item (Data/Custom Data Item) and create a new field say AFD for Activity Further Description. This should be Character (C) type of data and now you can add 20 more characters on top of 48 in the activity description. Just select your new custom data item to be shown next to your activity description in the columns. It works just like logs.
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jonathan,
Even i searched for it in the forum thats why advised u the same , but without results do let me know if u could get in more than 48 characters.
regards
deb
Ife Olyke
User offline. Last seen 9 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jon,

Well..This is one of the limitations of P3 ver 3.1. You are limited to only 48 characters (including spaces). You can use the format =>column function to adjust the activity description column though, but not the character length.. By the way, I am interested in knowing how you used the insert function to achieve that..

Cheers

Ifeanyi
Jonathan Ward
hello Mark,
i’n running 3.1, all i wanted to know is if there is a method of expanding the length of the Activity Description, at the moment i am limited to 40 characters
many thanks
jon
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Jon,

Can you explain what you mean? What version are you running?

Cheers,

Mark
Jonathan Ward
Thank you Steven, i have used the insert function and it does what i require
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
For extended descriptions, or other notes, use the log text fields
Jonathan Ward
,, it was a question,, not a STATEMENT!!
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
IF U ARE THAT SURE SEARCH WITH GOOGLE ADVANCED SEARCH OPTION PUTTING WWW.PLANNINGPLANET.COM ON THE DOMAIN NAME.
REGARDS
DEB