Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Update Target - New Activities

4 replies [Last post]
Natasha Lord
User offline. Last seen 17 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Apologies if this is a bit basic, I’ve only been using P3 "in anger" for 3mths and did the training about 2yrs ago now........

I have entered new activities in the current schedule and am trying to use the tools/project utilities/targets to update these into the target schedule.

However it does not seem to work.

I have made sure that both schedules are exclusive use. The target is closed when I try to do the update (otherwise it tells me it’s open). I click the for activities not in the target....and replace activity titles......

What am I missing? Do I have to go into the target and then do something else in there? I did notice that my target is now rescheduled from May to June 06 (same date as current), does this affect the target schedule, how do I stop that from happening?

Thanks!

Replies

Natasha Lord
User offline. Last seen 17 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
I tried a new test schedule so the default items would show up in the Project Utilities/Update, and I had 3 items unchecked that needed to be checked. So it’s all working now, thanks for the help.
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Ramesh Kavassery
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi !

I just tried the update target procedure for added as well
as deleted activities. Both seem to work fine.

Keeping the target file closed is indeed necessary, which
is not the problem. Checking the "For activities not in the target...." also is necessary and correct.

In the options, there is "Store" under which you have 2
sub-options : Actual Dates & Current Schedule dates. Make
sure they are not checked if you want to stop the target
file from getting re-scheduled.

Try the procedure again and post back in case any problems.
Good luck !
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
FYI, Never change target schedule unless U want to change the layout for presentation.
However If U going to add new activities, U have to copy the Updated schedule as the Target rev2 and another copy for monitoring progress.