Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Apple Mac Dual Boot Systems & P3

5 replies [Last post]
Kevin Utting
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Now that Apple Macs are running on Intel and can dual boot into Windows XP has anyone ran P3 or P5 under this setup?

I don’t anticipate any problems but would be interested to know how well P3 performs in comparison to a regular Windows box before I lay out my hard-earned on such a rig.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Replies

mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 4 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Leslie

But with parallels (virtual machine) , you need extra resources to support the two OS as they are loaded to RAM each time.
But the advantage is all the software is available, you don’t need to reboot the machine on order to access to other os.

Regards
Djouallah
Leslie Trahant
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Kevin (and others),

The $50 for Parallels was worth every penny to have access to my Mac stuff at the same time.

Leslie
Kevin Utting
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks!

In the end I went with bootcamp, which has been fine for P3, but I think I might go the Parallels route next time which would give me easier access to the Apple software during my working day.
Leslie Trahant
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
I have the new MacBook from Apple with the Dual Core Intel Processor. I do not use Boot Camp, which allows users to boot the computer either in "mac" mode or in "windows" mode. I use a third party program called Parallels which allows the Mac to run windows (or unix, etc.) in a window. I have used this for several months and have experienced no problems with P3.

Hope this helps!
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi If it’s any help, SureTrack works fine!!