Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 convert to PDF file

17 replies [Last post]
Aleli Florencia M...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello! Please help. How can i convert a P3 file to a pdf file? thanks in advance.

Replies

David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi all...

Have a look at

http://www.astadev.com/news/Articles/individual_article.asp?id=119

It is an article about PDFs and Powerproject, but in reality is a good synosis of some of the avialable free PDF drivers around.

Regards

David
Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Aleli

I had the same problem printing to Adobe Acrobat in the past.

I simply followed the suggested method available at Primavera.com and solved the problem.

If still not working with you, let me have your email and I’l send a few more tips.

BR
JMFrade
Ian Wilkinson
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
The PDF Cute Writer is available at:
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/Writer.asp
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

I use PrimoPDF. This is also freel download available in the internet. Same with others, make PrimoPDF your default printer. Go to print setup. Everything ok. Click print icon.

Best wishes to all
X Planner
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hey,
try to use cute pdf writer, works fine with me

hope that helps,

Regards
Mirza Imam Baig
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Aleli Florencia Marquez.

Use Acrobar Distiller to print your P3 file. It will convert into PDF format. Hope it will solve the problem.

Regards,
Imam Baig
Planning Engineer
Ussama Morad
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Install SP3 for P3 V3.1 , this will solve the problem.
Fritzie Lou Lapin...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hi!

Don’t Print at Print Preview mode. After checking the margins and pages, go back to the P3 environment then just directly click the print icon. To do this, Acrobat should be the diffult printer.
Lorenzo Aquino
User offline. Last seen 4 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
I have a similar problem too before, whenever I convert into PDF file, the text is garbled. One of my friend send me a procedure to fix the problem. Let me know your e-mail adress and I’ll share you the procedure.
Paul Maddocks
User offline. Last seen 1 year 46 weeks ago. Offline
Aleli Florencia Marquez,

I’ve had similar problems when printing to PDF.
You need to make PDF the default printer first and then print in the normal way.

Another P3 Idiosyncrasy.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Try to print on adobe pdf printer without changing the path(use the default path and file name). Some times when you change the path the error message comes. Or you select Adobe pdf printer as default printer for your PC then try to print and I hope this will work to produle PDF file.
Jonathan Kirby
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Printing problems often occour when P3.1 is initially installed. There is a fix for it from primavera, see also the readme files on your cd.
But, this is a general printer error, so if you can print to normal printers , it is not the problem.
Also with P3 it is best to send to Acrobat distiller rather than Writer.
I couldn’t tell from your posting , but I presume you have a pdf writer software installed, if so as someone else said it should appear in all your software [including P3] as just another choice of printer, if not then p3 itself can not create pdf files.
hope this helps.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Try www.pdf995.com instead of Adobe’s printer driver.

Bernard Ertl
eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Sounds more like a pdf problem that P3.

Wheb you do a P3 print preview and select the print icon, are you able to select adobe pdf from the list of available printers ?

Aleli Florencia M...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
We are using P3 ver 3.1, is this the latest version of P3? yes, i tried the command print on adobe pdf printer, but it says printer error, so it wont proceed to convert P3 file to pdf file. what shall i do then?
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
You will need a pdf writer, this then acts in the same way as a normal printer except instead of printing a paper copy, it creates a electronic file.

There are a number of free writers available to download from the internet.

HTH