Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

To export Activity Codes or WBS as bands to Excel

5 replies [Last post]
Rajeev Kumar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Friends,

Is it possible to export activity codes or WBS as bands(similiar to the bar chart view) into excel, so that the activity codes still stay above the activities?

Thanks
Rajeev

Replies

Soheil Jafari
User offline. Last seen 3 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi friends,
1- export all activities to DBF Format. (Tools/Project Utilities/Export)
2- open created Dbf format file into Excel.
3- save mentioned file to excel format.
4- select all data
5- sort based on WBS or Suitable Activity code ( as per your request)
6- create subtotal ( data/subtotals/) based on Wbs coulmn or activity code column ( as per your request)
7- have a good time

thanks
Neeraj Agarkar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All!
Pivot Table is the easiest way out but difficult if you want to do further arithmetic operations.
You can use Infomaker or even MSaccess database (via ODBC) to create custom report. For your case, "Activity Codes" have to be placed in Header. Specify grouping levels and description, Act ID, PCT, OD, RES, BQ etc. may be placed in Details field. The report you generate here can later be copied into Excel.
Another workaround is to ask your boss/customers to wait for the next release of P3.

:D
Neeraj
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Yes I aggree w/ Mr Taguinod, But Using Database is more efficient. Try
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Not possible.

But what you can do is export activity codes or wbs together with activites and then use Excels Pivot Table or Group and Outline Function to attain this format.

Good luck.

Jorge
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
I usually copy and paste the activities from Excel as it is possible to display the Activity Code Descriptions in columns, whereas in P3 you are only able to disply the Activity Codes.

I the use the Excel Subtotal function to put in the band headings and then delete the subtotal, that one has to generate with the subtotal function, if I do not want the sbtotal.

Regards

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd