Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Non Labor Units Changes

2 replies [Last post]
siddiq ahmed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Members, I am updating my project,on a specific activity i have non labor unit assigned 30h when i am progressing the activity to 80% i am updating my actual units to 24h and remaining to 6h but when i run the schedule after updating the units it is going back to previous progress of 25%. Kindly help me to troubleshoot this problem.

Replies

siddiq ahmed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks, This method solved the issue.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 36 min ago. Offline

Hi Siddiq,

It seems that the Calculation Settings on your resource assignment is link to duration %.

1) Goto Project module or click the folder icon (Project) on the left of your screen.

2) Click the project that you are updating (you will see that the folder icon for this project is open)

3) Select or click the Calculation Tab

4) Under the Resource Assigments (right side of the tab) Untick the box with "Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes.

5) Then go back to Activity module and change the actual unit then re-calculate (F9). Check if the Actual units still changing after re-calculate or run schedule.

I hope this solve your problem.