Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of Effort (LOE) - Activity Type

5 replies [Last post]
Suhaila Tsu
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Dear Experts

For activity type - Level of Effort - why i can't assign duration to it. Every time i hit F9, the duration will go back to Zero.

By the way, i have not assign any baseline. I was just developing my work programme. 

I have tried using the Sucessor FF , but if i use that , the duration would be too long.

FYI, i was assigning  Activity name: Performance Bond as LOE. 

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 36 min ago. Offline

yw happy to help

Suhaila Tsu

Ok. Thank u Rodel Marasigan

Suhaila Tsu

Alright. Thank u Zoltan Paffy

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

you are missing the whole point of a LOE

a LOE has a predcesso with a SS and a successor with a a ff and it AUTOMATICALLY calulates the duration betweeen the predcessor start date and the successors finish date. 

If you you do not want his then change the activity type.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 36 min ago. Offline

Hi Suhaila,

Level of Effort (LOE) or Hammock activity is driven by activity relationship. The start of activity should be link to Activity where it needs to start using (SS) Start to Start predecessor and finish is link to Activity where it needs to finish using (FF) Finish to Finish Successor. See sample below:LOE-Sample

LOE activity does not have duration on its own.