Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted Manhours and Budgeted Cost

1 reply [Last post]
Muhammad Bilal
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Fellows / Seniors,

I got estimates from estimation dept. after winning a tender. in which cost is calculated against manhours but the manhours were worst and was not good estimation. so i created manhours based on my experience. In short now, my manhours for each activities containing more than one Labor & Equipment resources in one activity are different. Now when i put Price/Unit in Resource Tab of Primavera, i am getting getting different result which is obvious. Now what i want is to reflect Budgeted Cost for each activity same like in the Rates we Quoted to Client using My Manhours. I tried to make a user defined column as Percentage which could multiply the Budgeted Cost to give me the required result but failed.

1111111111.jpg
1111111111.jpg

I successful in Excel but dont know how to do it In Primavera P6. Formula in my Thought to get the required result:

Budgeted Units * Price/Unit * User Defined (%) = BOQ Amount.

How to do it? or any Other way??

Regards

Bilal

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 20 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

add a resource and make sure that calculate cost from units is NOT checked

then add the resource for alll of your activities then exort the resource and budget units and cost to excel

populate manhours and costs in excel

at the project level go to Projects and make sure that your project is open and highlighted

then on the resources tab make sure that under resource assignments that resources can be assigned to the same activity more than once is NOT checked 

then import the excel sheet back into P6