Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration in hours

4 replies [Last post]
san TS
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I got a schedule in which the start days and finish dates are having different times.The start time and finish time are different for different activities which is affecting the duration. Is there an easy way to fix this. The calender is 10 hrs/day but the hours setting in P6 is still 8hrs/day.

BR,

San

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 23 hours ago. Offline

san TS glad I could help

Mike I am not sure why you are answering a P6 question with an ASTA answer it does no one any good.

Thats like me asking what temperature is in one city and you giving me the temperature of a city in a different conuntry. 

Apples and Oranges

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

In Asta Powerproject there is a button which says "Start on Next Day" so if the task duration ends at 14:00 hrs the next task starts on 08:00 next day and it remains critical.

Best regards

Mike Testro

san TS
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks a lot,Zoltan.

BR,

San

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 23 hours ago. Offline

I assume that this is P6 so go to edit users preference and turn the time on by going to the dates tab and at the bottom select Time 12 Hour. 

Also click on the Time Units tab and change the decimals to 2 for unit of time and the Durations format.

Now go to the Projects Directory and select view show on bottom Project Details

make sure that you project is highlighted and go to the Date tab in the Planned Start box make sure that the TIME is 8:00 am or the earliest TIMES in all of the calendars that you are using.

IN the Data Date box make sure that the TIME is 8:00 am or the earliest TIME (or hour) in all of the calendars that you are using.

IN the Must Finish By Date box make sure that TIME is 5:00 pm or the LATEST TIME (or hour) in all of the calendars that you are using.

Go back to the activities directory filter for start milestones change and of the Primary Constrained Date TIME to 8:00 am or the earliest TIME (or hour) in all of the calendars that you are using.

filter for finish milestones change and of the Primary Constrained Date TIME to 5:00 PM or the latest TIME (or hour) in all of the calendars that you are using.

look at ALL of the original durations and remaining durations if any are in fractions of a day like 1.5 or 0.5 change these to whole numbers.

Look at your calendars and make sure that the TIMES are correct in all of the calendars that you are using for that project.

Press F9 and make sure that the TIME is 8:00 am or the earliest TIME (or hour) in all of the calendars that you are using.

That should correct it.