Check out our Assessment Centre and the Guild's Knowledge CAR and the Soteria Method

Resource Curves issues

2 replies [Last post]
Luke Barford
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

When using a resouce curves to assign cost to the very end of an eactivtiy, the cost is not always in the correct month if end of the activity is in the first few days of the month,

I assume that when creating a curve it doesnt actually have it as 100% at the end rather between 95%-100% hence the cost not appearing in the right month.

Can anyone explain a way of having the budgeted costs on the very last day of activity in resource assignemnt view?

Thanks

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 55 min 57 sec ago. Offline

I am not a Primavera P6 user but at times receive P6 XER files to be transferred to my software so I do not know all the implications of the following suggestion with regard to resource leveling. I receive the XER files but do not have P6.

Try resource lag and resource duration, for example if activity duration is 10 days use 9 days for resource lag and one day for resource duration. It should work well for fixed duration activities as long as you do not make changes to total activity duration. Workarounds should always be of last resort. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KukSYuCFAS8

Good Luck

Luke Barford
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Primavera P6