Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Time schedule in tender phase

2 replies [Last post]
haytham saad
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
HI All i'm currently working on a schedule for tender phase for a shopping mall my company is participating in, the problem that my managers are requesting detailed schedule and detailed activities and also asking if we could provide a resource loaded schedule , in my opinion the tender phase is all about the time frame for project and the key milestone and the sequence of work, here comes the question :D what do you think the best practice for providing time schedule in tender phase ??? if any one can provide me a sample of his/her tender schedule as a guide that will be great.RegardsHaytham saad

Replies

haytham saad
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Dear mike

Thanks for ur reply, the problem is that the scope of work is wide from civil:concrete-steel works & Electrical & Mechanical andit will be difficuilt  to reflect all the BOQ items as Activities in this phase , also i need to ask u waht other report should i present with my schhedule ??

Thanks

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Haytham

A tender programme should be a bottom up level 4 in as much detail as possible.

Its purpose is to:

1. Check if the construction period is feasible.

2. Assist the estimator on plant and scaffolding durations

3. Carry out what if scenarios

This cannot be done in a level 3 programme.

And it must be resource loaded so that the durations reflect the cost plan.

A shopping mall is not a complex structure and a skilled and experienced planner should have a programme for first review in about 3 days.

Best regards

Mike Testro