Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Best Way to Export & Review Resources in PDF & Excel

2 replies [Last post]
wullie hendry
User offline. Last seen 6 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

I was some of you guys could give me tips on the best way to export and review resources in Excel & PDF.  I have only ever reviewed the resources on my screen and never used the export features to do so.  After playing around with the export I find it really messy and far to many pages and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong.

My exports seem to export the activity in 10 lines if it has 10 resources or 12 lines if it has 12 resources assigned to it.

What I am looking to do is to export 1 activity per line and then have the list of resources that are assigned to that activity along with the number of resources assigned and the budget hours assigned for e.g  4 Rigger 100 hours.  1 Crane Op 25 etc etc

Can anyone help me?   It's driving me crazy

Junior Planner

Replies

wullie hendry
User offline. Last seen 6 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Can I sort that screen by activities rather than resources?

endralie halog
User offline. Last seen 8 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hello,

if your usinng p6,You can use the resourse usage spreadsheet tab,makes it more clear, no need to export.

Endralie G. Halog