Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S Curve re-baseline retrospective comparison

No replies
AVIMANYU PYNE
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I have re-baselined a percentage complete (earned Man-hour value / budgeted Manhour value)  v/s. Time S - Curve at 75% project completion.

Subsequently I have been asked to determine Retrospectively , what was the earned value % when the project was at 50% completion. In such a case should the earned value % be

a) Actual earned value % (say 45% at 50% completion) because the rebaselining had been done AFTER 50% milestone had been completed OR

b) Earned Value % shall be equal to 50% at 50% completion because the S - Curve has been re-baselined.

I am aware that Rebaseline affects the forecast / 'To go' part of the S - Curve with the Actual % = Planned % ON the date of the rebaseline. But what about the PAST Actual percentages , do they also become Actual % = Planned % on re-baselining ?

Kindly let me have your opinion.

SH