Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delay issue confusion

2 replies [Last post]
tasnim yusoff
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
HI,

I’m confused about the EOT programme. My client want to see impact for each event to overala programme.
I have few outstanding works which contributed to delay event for each level in my programme.
The works at each level start concurrently.

Inside the programma it is just have activiries for general installation for each floor. Which contractor can start the whole floor at the same time.

How to link the delay event to the activity afected as not the whole duration for that activity is impacted by that delay? The delay happened in between work progress and other works at that floor still can continue. That area will be on hold until we get comfirmation from the client.

Replies

tasnim yusoff
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Mr Rodel,

I tried your method but i still have few questions regarding it.

My activies are related to each other. Ex :
First fix -> 30 days
second fix (SS 14 days after first fix) -> 30 days
Final fix (SS 14 days after second fix) -> 30 days

Does it mean original act equal to 59 days( duration from first fix to final fix) or i have to do each activities separately?

Original Act = LOE -> SS-> Split Original Act1 and FF-> Split Original Act2.

Does it mean i hv to link it to the new bar ( duration from first fix to final fix) or only to final fix activity?

Thank you

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 16 hours 18 min ago. Offline
Tasnim,
My usual approach is to split the activity that are affecting by client delay and insert a delay activity to push the remaining duration of split activity. The split should be actual start up to actual impacted (where activity cannot continue) and another part is the remaining duration of activity that cannot start until delay activity is finished. Then insert LOE activity link from actual start (SS) and remaining duration activity (FF) to represent the whole duration of split activity.

Example:
Original Act = 10 day
Affected by client delay start after 6 days for 5 days.
Split Original Act 1 = Actual Start to 6 days->FS->Delay Activity = 5days->FS-> Split Original Act2 = 4 days
Original Act = LOE -> SS-> Split Original Act1 and FF-> Split Original Act2.

Hope this help.