Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

WBS Sched% compl & Perf % compl inquiry

13 replies [Last post]
George Ridulme
User offline. Last seen 11 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All,

I have an issue here with my P6. Some WBS level have value on its Perf%compl & Sched% compl (roll up to WBS level) and others does not.

Is my P6 corrupted, or I just missed out something. the activities are resource loaded.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

george

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

You are welcome George.

George Ridulme
Hi Arnold & Mark,

Thanks for your help.

I really appreciate your kindness. Keep up the good work and please dont be tired helping others.

Problem solved.

Regards,

George
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

I saw the reason why your Performance % & Schedule % complete does not roll-up in your summary is because, when the time you assigned your resources to your activities, you did not mark the checkbox next to "Auto Compute Actuals" & "Calculate cost from units" from Resources workspace --> Details Tab.

Before you will assign all resources to your activities you must mark the checkbox in order to calculate automatically the budgeted & actual cost during updating.
Try to notice your current updated activities that some of them is zero for budgeted & actual cost even your price/unit is not equal to zero.

Try to check and let us know.

HTH.

Regards,

Arnold
Arnold Puy

You are welcome.

My e-mail address is primavera6@live.com

You can it now since I am still free.. I will just try..

Thanks.

George Ridulme
Hi arnold,

thanks for your kindness. can i have your email add. i cant send in your pm ( i think its under mtce now)

thanks again.
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

Sorry... If you don’t mind, send me your .xer file and I will try to fix for you.

Regards.

Arnold
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

If you mind, send me your .xer file and I will try to fix for you.

Regards.

Arnold
George Ridulme
Hi Arnold,

thanks for your help. i tried your suggestion and tried to redo the program several times, but stilll getting the same result.

I think my primavera is corrupted.

Thanks & regards,

George
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

Do you have a baseline in your programme? If yes, then you need to update your Baseline the same with your current. Otherwise, it doesn’t not works.

Try to check and let us know. As far as I know, this is the reason why it does not show. Performance % complete is related to money.

HTH.

Regards.

Arnold Puy
Hi George,

Do you have a baseline in your programme? If yes, then you need to update your Baseline the same with your current. Otherwise, it doesn’t not works.

Try to check and let us know. As far as I know, this is the reason why it does not show. Performance % complete is related to money.

HTH.

Regards.

George Ridulme

Thanks guys for your prompt reply.

I tried and check your suggestion but unfortunately none of it have worked out. I also tried to redo the same program, but the result is still the same.

am I missing out something here....

thanks...
Arnold Puy
Hi George,

In addition to what Mark’s info. Try to check also your Price/unit for Resources should not be equal to zero.

Regards.

Mark M
User offline. Last seen 13 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi George

If activities have been added that aren’t included in the baseline this can happen. If this is the case update the baseline with a filter to include the new activties.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Mark