Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Spun Pile Prod-Rates

4 replies [Last post]
Larry Rino
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline
I am on the process of establishing the duration for piling works with info below:

Type of Pile : Spun Pile (Concrete hollow)
Size : 600mm Diameter
Penetration depth : 40 mts.
Qty : 6,000 nos.

I appreciate any idea you can share, regarding productivity rates for driving /installation of spun pile, in:
a) man-hours per pile or
b) numbers per day per equipment.

Many thanks,
Larry R.

Replies

Larry Rino
Clive,

I appreciate the information you gave to me, namely "10 rigs 6000 piles about 3 to 4 months". This then would equate to approx. 6-8 piles (40M) piles per day per rig. Ill consider all other factors that would affect the productivity.

Thanks,
Larry
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
suggest you will drive a 12m length in about 10 to 15 minutes welding each connection allow about 1 hr manually about 10minutes mechanically

Dont forget to look at spec for weld testing, often the bit that can take the time

Theres also sequence issues about being able to get back on piles that have been partially driven when piles in front have been set up as well as material deliveries etc.

10 rigs 6000 piles about 3 to 4 months i would guess

Clive
Larry Rino
Clive,

The pile joints will be welded, however, I would appreciate if you can share your production data for both type of jointing (if available). I look forward to your direct response. TYs.

Larry
Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
How are they connected

welded or just pinned