Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Training and Certification

7 replies [Last post]
Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
I’m curious to know if there is anywhere in the UK where one can obtain at least 6 months training in Planning Engineering.

I’d also like to know if there is any Planning related certifications or diploma out there.

Thanks.

Replies

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Hi Ronald and Gary,

How about for others outside US and UK. I believe PMI has a worldwide membership and the annual fee is much lower than PEO. Also, PMI has College of Scheduling whitin the organisation.

As for AACEi, the concerntration is more to US members. Does the certification is recognised outside the US? If yes, waht is the procedure to be certified and get the recognition.

Regards.
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Hi Castro,

Check the primavera website :- www.primavera.com

Regards.

M Castro
User offline. Last seen 18 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there a training center/school in the Philippines that offers courses on Primavera Project Planner (P3)?

Thanks!
David Watters
User offline. Last seen 18 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Have not done it but it has been waved under my nose a several interviews over the past few years.

NVQ, National Vocational Qualification. Comes in severla levels

Level 1 = numpty (Car Mechanic)
Level 5 = bright spark (Equivilent to an A Level)

From a family memeber who is an NVQ assesor, its a combination of developed learning and on the job application. So you do course work, are graded. Apply it to a real situation and that is then assesed.

The NVQ they ran was not in planning as such, but Project Control overall. Last person I knew who did it was an estimator from Kvaerner. Now he’s a top flight planner, so must have helped him some !
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Have any body done a NVQ. As far as I am aware it is pritty big in the UK. If yes what was your opinion of the NVQ system.
Gary France
User offline. Last seen 15 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
You might also want to take a look at what The Planning Engineers Organisation can provide by way of formal recognition and representation for planners/schedulers.

Regards
Gary France
Chairman
Planning Engineers Organisation

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
There is only one internationally recognized certification for Planners and Schedulers. It is called the Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) and is offered by the AACEi. You can find out more at http://www.aacei.org/certification/GuideToPSPCertification.pdf. I highly recommend it. Good luck!