Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

THE APPLICATION AND DATABASE VERSIONS DO NOT MATCH - SQLITE DATABASE FAILED TO UPGRADE

No replies
VIKAS KULKARNI
User offline. Last seen 37 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Sir,

I have a PPMDB Sqlite database created in Primavera P6 Version 16 which I want to open in Primavera Version 17 (Standalone).

But I get the following error :

1. THE APPLICATION AND DATABASE VERSIONS DO NOT MATCH & then

2. SQLITE DATABASE FAILED TO UPGRADE

Image Files Attached (3 Image Files)

Thanks  & Regards,

Mr. Vikas Kulkarni.

a._2023-07-17_18_45_31-media_player.png

b._2023-07-17_18_45_48-media_player.png

c._2023-07-17_18_46_05-media_player.png

VIKAS KULKARNI

Dear Mr. Rodel Marasigan,

As suggested by you - "Running / Opening P6 as an Administrator" solved the issue - THE SQLITE DATABASE WAS UPGRADED PERFECTLY"

With Thanks & Best Regards,

Mr. Vikas Kulkarni.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 days 5 hours ago. Offline

When you run P6, instead of double-clicking the icon, right-click and select 'Run as Administrator.' This will give you full access to your database.

VIKAS KULKARNI

NOTE : THERE WAS AN ERROR DURING THE SAVING / SENDING OF MY REPLY - THE REPLY PAGE WAS NOT SAVING AND ASKING ME TO RELOAD THE PAGE - I RELOADED THE PAGE 3 TIMES WITH THE EXPECTATION THAT FINALLY IT WILL SAVE MY REPLY - TILL THE END THE PAGE DID NOT SAVE - BUT WHEN I OPENED THIS PAGE FROM THE LINK WHICH HAS BEEN SENT TO MY E-MAIL , IT SHOWS THAT MY REPLY HAS BEEN POSTED 3 TIMES. 

VIKAS KULKARNI

NOTE : THERE WAS AN ERROR DURING THE SAVING / SENDING OF MY REPLY - THE REPLY PAGE WAS NOT SAVING AND ASKING ME TO RELOAD THE PAGE - I RELOADED THE PAGE 3 TIMES WITH THE EXPECTATION THAT FINALLY IT WILL SAVE MY REPLY - TILL THE END THE PAGE DID NOT SAVE - BUT WHEN I OPENED THIS PAGE FROM THE LINK WHICH HAS BEEN SENT TO MY E-MAIL , IT SHOWS THAT MY REPLY HAS BEEN POSTED 3 TIMES. 

VIKAS KULKARNI

VIKAS KULKARNI

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion i.e. I changed both the file name and its location too and then in "Database Configuration" I selected "Add a connection to an existing standalone database" with the new path and new file name selected. The Connection is successful (as before), but during login and subsequent opening it gives the same error (as before - Specified and illustrated in my question above).

With Thanks & Best Regard,

Vikas Kulkarni.

VIKAS KULKARNI

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion i.e. I changed both the file name and its location too and then in "Database Configuration" I selected "Add a connection to an existing standalone database" with the new path and new file name selected. The Connection is successful (as before), but during login and subsequent opening it gives the same error (as before - Specified and illustrated in my question above).

Vikas Kulkarni.

VIKAS KULKARNI

Vikas Kulkarni.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 days 5 hours ago. Offline

Attempt to copy the SQLite database and rename it with another SQLite database name. Afterward, try opening the copied SQLite database, and it should upgrade to the later version. Sometimes, the cache may still reside on your system, preventing the database from being released.