Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Technique for Computing Estimate to Complete (ETC) not working

No replies
Steven Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I am using Primavera P6 R22.12 but I had the same problem in P6 R19.12.

I am trying to compute ETC using a PF = 1/CPI, but P6 does not recognize my CPI.

My CPI for the project is 0.94, BAC $4,000 and EV $1,300. Using the techinque where PF = 1/CPI the ETC should be $2,700/0.94 computing to $2,872 but as displayed in the below screen shot P6 computes ETC = $2,700.

Any input?

--Steve

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 10 hours ago. Offline

Hi Steve,

I cannot see your screenshot. If you set it correctly under the Project WBS module then the best way to check it is to show the Cost Performance Index (CPI) on the column so you know if the CPI for that activity is equal to 0.94. It maybe equal to 1.
Cost Performance Index (CPI) is calculated EV/AC. If a value is less than 1 then your AC have exeeded the PV.

Steven Montgomery

I set the PF toggle to PF = 1/Cost Performance Index in the WBS Earned Value Bottom Details. See screen shot of my schedule.

--Steve

Steven Montgomery

I set the PF toggle to PF = 1/Cost Perfromance Index in the WBS Earned Value bottom details.

Steven Montgomery

fig_etc_technique.jpg

Steven Montgomery

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 4 days 10 hours ago. Offline

Where did you change the setting? Under WBS module or under Admin Preferences?

Please note: If the project is created before changing to Admin Preferences it will not effect. This setting is used as a default for new projects. You can checked if the project setting is carrying this Admin Preference Settings of ETC by checking it on WBS Module on the project open. This is where you actualy change the active project settings for Technique for computing Estimate to Complete (ETC).