Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem of Too many FS Relations

No replies
rauf kensuk
User offline. Last seen 1 year 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Project: Typical Residence House Project I am preparing a schedule of residence project. Construction contains 17 Blocks and each block has approx. 11 floors. So that too many activities and it s about to get 11.000 activites.  Even i don't want but i use too many "FS relationships" in order to hang the activities in timeline and I know it will cause too many Out-Of-Seqeunce ("OOS").  1st Floor >>FS>> 2nd Floor >>FS>> 3rd Floor In practical 2nd floor may start without waiting for finishing 1st Floor and that cause "OOS" To avoid that i m thinking to use 1st Floor >>SS and FF and + LAG: 1st Floor Duration >> 2nd Floor. If 2nd floor starts before finishing 1 st Floor, it will cause a gap as 1st Floor Remaining duration for 2nd Floor activity but not OOS, I think.  Doing SS + FF + Lag, what else may it cause a problem that I can't imagine ?

Thanks in advance