Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project List in Primavera

6 replies [Last post]
Athar Hashmi
User offline. Last seen 3 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am trying to import activities and resources from excel (.xlsx) to primavera. After selection of excel file when a popup appear to select the project, where should I want to import the data, that project list window appear blank, without any list of P6 project. Kindly let me know the reason and troubleshooting for this.

Thanks.

Athar Hashmi

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Santosh is correct 

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

As I noted earlier, just the Global privilege is not enough. You also need to be assiged as Project SuperUser in the project profile of the REsponsible Manager for that project.

Athar Hashmi

Hi Zoltan, under the secuirty profile -> Global profile -> Import .xls is checked, while in main import screen it gives the option to select spreadsheet with ".xlsx" extension. So there is conflict between the file extensions.

I have saved the file with .xls then imported it. In this case p6 is not recognising the file and all the option to import activities or resources, etc were disabled.

Conflict of file extension might be a reason?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Under the security profile under global profiles you need to make sure that the import XLS box is checked

Athar Hashmi

I am not a superuser though i have the global privilege and responsible manager assigne to me. So that would be the reason <AdminSuperuser>.

Thank you very much Santosh

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

It has to do with the database security privileges for you. To import XLSS files you need both the Global privilege to import (which you must have as you get this far), and also be a Project Super User as the project security profile assigned to the responsible manager of that project. 

You'll need to contact whimever administers the users in the P6 database you're working in to sort it out.