Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resources

5 replies [Last post]
Russ Tomb
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi!

I was given a total budget for each activity, ex. excav = P1,000.00, gravel bedding = P500.00.

Labor, Material, and Non-Labor Cost was not mentioned or given, quantity was also not given. Just the budget for each activity and their start and finish dates.

Is there a way I can plot this activities and create an S-Curve?

Thank you very much!

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 14 hours ago. Offline

if you want you can have a resource for the materail and a separate resource for the labor to install it. That is up to you as to how you plan to track this item.

you do not have to divide the budgeted amoint by the number of days the program will do this for you.

If it was me I would create a resource called lumpsum and assign the total budgeted cost for this activity to the the resource

Russ Tomb

Hi Mr. Zoltan,

For the excavation,should I assign it as a material resource and assign the budget?

And for the budget, example the total budgeted amount is USD100M, how will I compute for the budget cost? Should I divide it by time and days?

Zoltan Palffy

add a resource then assign the resource to each activity then assign a budgeted cost to each actviity using the resource.

Russ Tomb

Hi Mr. Zoltan,

How will I place the budget? How am I suppose to incorporate that?

I can't create an s-curve without putting in my resources, right?

Zoltan Palffy

view show on bottom resource usage profile then in the lower right section rigth click and select Resource Usage Profile options and on the data tab select Cost