Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Curved Data Date - why? what? when? is it for?

2 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 day 18 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am used to seeing a straight data date line. Lately I been seeing curves data date lines, ie curved out around certain activities.  I assume this is from a setting, and after googling it with-out getting an easy answer I am asking you.  What does it represent?  Where is the setting for it?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

click on the crooked progress line icon and it wil be a straigh line.

progress_line.gif

John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 day 18 hours ago. Offline

OK, not that hard to solve, it is the "Progress Line" which overlays the Data Date line.  Obviously I didn't use it much prior.  I kind of assumed it was something like that but here is a confusing aspect.  I don't have a Baseline attached to that schedule - so how can it be telling me how ahead or behind the dates are - meaning how can the line be crooked?