Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Critical bars Display before Baseline

3 replies [Last post]
Muhammad Saqib
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everybody,

Please clarify this

Why my some actvities are showing Red in Gantt Chart even i didn't make the baseline and not entered the project must by Finish Date.

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

you must have an end date either on the last activity or project must finish by adte 

Muhammad Saqib
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

I have selected the Longest path option but not given the project finish date. Then why it shows some activites in red bar

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

that depends on how you have your critical path defined it can be zero days total float or longest path

if you have it set to zero days. If you do not set a project must finish by date then the late dates will match the early dates and the float will ALWAYS be zero