Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter

2 replies [Last post]
Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I want to compare the Physical % complete to the BL1 Physical % complete in a filter to show work accomplished in a weeks time period.  Can I build the filter in P6?

Thanks for your help

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 1 day 23 hours ago. Offline

in this instance I am assuming that the BL1 ia a previous updated schedule not the true unprogressed basline

of course you can do it graphically showing the progress on the baseline bar vs the current bar.

The only way that I can see doing it in the data table as value is to create 2 udfs (user defined fields)

one called Physcial % Complete Gained and another called Last month Physcial % Complete

Then you would have export the Physcial % Complete from the baseline into excel and then import that into the current schedule as Last Month Physcial % Complete Value 

Then run a global change 

Where Physcial % complete is greater that 0%

then Physical % Complete Gained = Physical % Complete  -  Last month Physcial % Complete

Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

I have not found a way to build a complex filter and have only been able to copy to excel and find the work there.  Simple one minus the other and then anything over 0 has been changed.   Would be nice if that would be availble in P6