Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help- Copying P6 activities to MSP

5 replies [Last post]
Zarak Bin Nadeem
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago. Offline

I need help in copying the activities and their durations (including WBS names) from primavera p6 to MSP

I have tried exporting the P6 schedule into excel and then loaded it into MSP, but unfortunately none of the activities were grouped under the respective WBS (so I spent the day creating summary tasks in MSP and copy pasting the activties in each WBS). The problem is that the P6 schedule has over 3000 activities.

I have also tried simply copy pasting the activties from p6 into msp but that results in errors and when I ignore them, the entire shcedule is pasted as activities (no WBS/ summary tasks)

Is there a faster (smarter) way of doing this? perhaps im pasting it incorrectly?
please help!

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline

You may paste into Microsoft Project the Outline Level as a number to set the Outline of activities as you paste them in.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
www.eh.com.au
Project Control Consultants and Planning and scheduling software book and training manual publishers

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

you can not do that 

the resource that was added and assigned at the time time they were input remain in effect

solution create another resource

copy both to excel and populate the new resocue with the values on the old resource

import the resources then delete the resource no longer needed. 

Irfan Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hello dear,

i need help regarding primavera p6, i have assign the resources and i dont change the type of resource now i m trying to change the resouces type from labour to nonlabour, but they did not change.whats the easy way to change the resource type. please 

Regards 

Irfan Ali 

irfanali.pe12@gmail.com

Irfan Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Hello dear,

i need help regarding primavera p6, i have assign the resources and i dont change the type of resource now i m trying to change the resouces type from labour to nonlabour, but they did not change.whats the easy way to change the resource type. please 

Regards 

Irfan Ali 

irfanali.pe12@gmail.com

Zarak Bin Nadeem
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago. Offline

extremely sorry for the mutliple posts. 
Cant figure out how to delete the repeated posts