Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 EPPM 18.8 Team Usage

2 replies [Last post]
Steve Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have a resource loaded project, and I would like to examine this project's resource allocation in P6 EPPM 18.8 Team Usage. But every time I select the Team Usage tab I get the below message:

Information: One or more projects are not published. Publish project to view data.

In addition to this message I find I cannot view any resource allocation data in this schedule, so soimething is wrong. The project I want to inspect is already published, so I'm not sure why I keep getting this message.

Any thoughts on what could be going wrong? 

Replies

Steve Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Yes, that works. I also had to make sure that in Administration | Application Settings | Services to set the appropriate publication period. I captured data from 01-Dec-2013 thru 20-years from current date, which was way beyond my schedule. My schedule concluded in May of 2024. But it worked.

Michael King
User offline. Last seen 1 week 15 hours ago. Offline

Hello Steve,

You may be publishing the project but not the resource and role data. If you go to Administration>Application Settings>Services, check to see if "Publish resource and role data." is checked. After pressing this you'll need to give your projects time to publish all this data. It may be in your best interests to add an "Enable Publication" column at the EPS level to verify that only jobs that should be published are being published. Otherwise you can really jam up your database.

Best,

Mike