Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6(R8.4) get freeze when trying to export

3 replies [Last post]
Son Lee
User offline. Last seen 3 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Valued member,

I have got a serious issue when exporting P6. I am using barnd new Toshiba Tecra Z50-C laptop. And I am using P6 as standalone.

Whenever I am trying to export file , my laptop get freeze. In my current employer no body use P6 and the IT team also  could not figure out what is the cause.

It will be really appreciate if someone can help me to resoleve this matter.

one thing, when I check in the Task Manager, CPU indicates 0%.

I really need help.

Looking forward to hear from anyone.

Thanks & Regards,

Cristiano

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 1 hour ago. Offline

no answers ?

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Sometimes, the issues is that the export is complete and the Dialog box has disappeared off screen - are you using multiple monitors?

If this is the case, you need to give enough time for the export to finish, a few minutes should be enough, don't click or move the mouse during this time. When the few minutes are complete, press the spacebar - this is the same as clicking on the "OK" buttong that shows after export is complete.

If the above works, and you are using multiple monitors, try chaing the primary monitor, or switch to using a single display and try again.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 1 hour ago. Offline

what is it that you are trying to export to excel ? as a test just eport activities and in the export just filter for 1 activity.

is excel a 64 or 32 based application ?

what version is excel ?