Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budget at completion, Earned value cost, Planned value cost is double of what is mentioned in the resources

3 replies [Last post]
Gowhar Mir
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there.

I am working on a project and I used the columns Budget at completion, Earned value cost, Planned value cost and suddenly they are showing exactly twice the data that is there in the resources tab. Any solution?

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 21 hours ago. Offline

I never ever use expenses glad you figured it out

Gowhar Mir
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for the reply, Zoltan. I checked the prog, no double resoucing was done but what had happened is that there was budgeted cost assigned in resource tab and also in expense tab so the two were doubling up to display the budget at completion. I removed the budgetd cost from expense tab now to keep it just as the non-labour resource.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 2 days 21 hours ago. Offline

1st ALWAYS ALWAYS 

go to the projects directory 

makes ure that your project is highlighted

click on the resources tab 

on the lower right under resource assignments make sure that 

RESOURCES and be assigned to the same activity more than once is NOT checked 

this will eliminated double dipping the resource or adding it again if your re-import an excel file