Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

decent SOV and Submittal Package tracking software, even better integrates with P6, ebuilder, etc.

3 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 2 days 16 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

decent SOV and Submittal Package tracking software, even better integrates with P6, ebuilder, etc.  -  I still just see excel used even on giant jobs, there has to be a better way.  I have been investigating...most I have found are a small afterthought of a bigger package that does something else, ie Textura.  I see a lot of style over substance of hard core data management.  Tieing those items to schedules is very tricky, particularly in design build and with "re-submittals" the word done can be difficult to define - there is done enough to proceed etc and other grey areas.

Replies

John Reeves

I think the lack of replies to this is telling in itself.  This problem is compounded by the trend towards Design Build Projects - compounding the chaos...

John Reeves
Here is what that Linke states:  : 

"Automate, track, and manage budgets, commitments, spends, forecasts, and business processes."

These are not the issue.   I am looking for solutions to SOV and Submittal Log - preferably that can tie to a schedule.  All I ever see are excel sheets - everybody knows a database system in theory is better.  The way things are - more likely to find one that ties to MS Project than P6 because these programs are by IT people not Construction / AEC people, but I can work with MS Exports if I have to.  Somebody offer me some Seed Funding - this issue is a real problem.

I have used P3/P6 for 30 thirty years so I know about unifier.  It is the 500 lb gorilla - too much, wrong purpose, IT people are scared of Oracle products, etc...
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 5 days ago. Offline