Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 R8.4 Default Project Settings

2 replies [Last post]
Casey F
User offline. Last seen 1 year 36 weeks ago. Offline

I am running P6 R 8.4 is there a way to change the settings default when a new project is created?  I am looking to set the default of define critical activites as longest path instead of Total Float less than or equal to.  I work with a variety of skill levels with P6 and it would save a lot of wasted time if I can set the default critical activities to longest path. 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

as a work around is to set everything up in a empty shell project with no activites then just copy it everytime then all your settiings calendar codes ect are there for you. 

Casey F
User offline. Last seen 1 year 36 weeks ago. Offline

Does anyone have an idea on this?  Even if it is to tell me it can't be done?