Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error when updating Remaining Units / Time

6 replies [Last post]
Bellota Castaneda
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I'm trying to update the Remaining Units/Time in the Resource Activities in my schedule. I have done an export, update the file and when I import I get the following message:

Error: Cannot assign the same Resource: RSRC: xxx to TASK ActivityID: xxx, Project: xxx more than once

However, I do not want to add the same resource twice, I just want to update the Remaining Units/Time (h/d) column on the already existing Resource.

Any ideas??

-B

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Rajender Koilkonda 

Start a new question this thread has to do with remaining units of time you question does not.So please do not hijack someone elses thread.
Rajender Koilkonda
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hi guys,

Need some advise on how to resolve the below issue. My current user profile is a superuser. We have recently migrated from P6 ver 8.4 to ver 18. We use the export / import option for updating the progress due to the L5 breakdown of activities as manual updating takes ages.

Excel Import log started : 24-May-19INFO: Importing Global Data...INFO: Importing Project Data...INFO: Importing: WARNING: TASKRSRC: Failed to resolve foreign key for field Role ID with value RIGS. Field cleared.  "followed by the message below" ERROR: Cannot assign the same Resource: RSRC: DWN-TRD-RIGS to TASK ActivityID: T2-CR-STR-3830, Project: C1587399-45 - LIVE more than once.  Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Kind Regards, Raj
Bellota Castaneda

Hei,

Thanks! I tried to export/import without changes as you mentioned but I get the same error, changes or no changes it just "thinks" I want to add a resource. This is driving me nuts. Any other ideas?

-B

Zoltan Palffy

the only thing that I can think of is that since you are chaning remaining units/time that it thinks that it is a nre resource. For a test try not changing it meaning export ti then try to re-import it leaving the remaining units/time the same. This will or will not verify my theory. 

Bellota Castaneda

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was already only importing the Resource Assignment, so I tried using the global change to update the "Claculate costs from units" field but nothing :/

I use export/import to update many fields and never get a problem, I wonder why Primavera "thinks" I want to add an extra resource...

Any other ideas??

-B

Zoltan Palffy

1. FOR THE RESOURCE manke sure that calculate cost from units is set to NO if it not then run a glocal chnage and chage it from yes to NO.

2. when you import the excel back in only selct resource ASSIGNMENTS during the import process NOT the resource.