Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error during Primavera P6 Stand Alone Installation

2 replies [Last post]
SM H
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

I will be thankful if anyone of the P6 experts could guide me on this. I had installed P6 successfully but after changing to Windows 10 it (P6) asked me to configure the database which I was not able to do. I then erased all the files related to P6 including database files. Next thing I tried to install the P6 again. However, I got a message that the installation was terminated prematurely. Looks like that some files in the Windows registry are still hanging around but since I dont recognize those files I dont want to take risk of doing damage to the computer system itself. Therefore it will be highly appreciated if someone can tell me what to do. Contacting Oracle will be my last resort as at times it is easier to solve the problem through outsides resouces than to to get Oracle's attention.

Best Regards

SM H

Replies

SM H
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Zoltan,

I will try this. Just one thing I want to add is that I am using Oracle XE database.

Best Regards

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 21 hours ago. Offline

make sure to uninstall Microsoft SQL also. You can also try running a registry cleaner which will look for programs that are no longer on your computer and clean the registry for you. I know CC Cleaner comes with a registry clean and its free