Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaining Late Cost earlier than data date

1 reply [Last post]
Justin Mehaffey
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

My issues is that my remaining late cost is showing up earlier than my data date. I've gone through and removed all my Finish Constraints and the Must Finish By date so there is no negative float in my schedule. Scheduled the project and it still shows this way. I haven't gone through and done a full analysis but I can see there are some of these issues on LOE activities. I think i recall at one point there was a bug in P6 that this issue showed up on LOE, not sure if it's been resolved. I'm trying to find a work around but have exhausted every option I can think of. Are there any suggestions or work arounds to get the remaining late to calculate correctly? Thanks!

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

if you are cost loading LOEs you have to assign a curve to them or the cost will show up on the first day that the activity starts.