Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import Resource Usage Assignment Spread back into P6

1 reply [Last post]
Benjamin Feng
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have a list of resources and their budgeted hours on a monthly basis in excel and would like to import this list into P6.

In P6 i have the list of resources which already have actual hours accrued as well as remaining hours.

The requirements are as follows:

1. To ensure that the resource usage spread on a month by month basis  from P6 tallies with that in Excel.

2. Minimal effort to ensure the two reports tally.

I was wondering if anyone here has faced similar requirements, and how you have gone about resolving this.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

one way to do this is to use the period close out function which closes out the manhours for that updating period and escentially is like balancing your checkbook so that each month the actual units this period always starts with zero. So when you are importing the actuals they are only for the update period. When you perdform a period colse out it rolls the actual this period amounts into the actual to date period and set this period to zero.