Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of effort activity

3 replies [Last post]
Essam Yassin
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All ,

While loading a cost for my project , i tried to assign the resources for general activities ( e.g. Indirect manpower cost or laydown cost ) to a " Level of effort activity " .

But while updating those LOE activities, i observed that there are no Earned value calculations for those activities .

Is there any way to fix this problem or this is an attribute to LOE activity?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline

you can still put indirect manpower on it 

Essam Yassin
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Well , so how i can assign such reourced ( eg. indirect manpower ) to an activity ??

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline

LOE Activities only measure schedule performance as it relates to time no actual work effort.

Using a LOE to calculate earned value distorts the total project EVM becasue the values derived from LOE grows relative to the total project planned value

LOE does not distinguish cost variance from schedule variance. All variance is recognized as cost variance for LOE work